
Sage finished her field hockey season a few weeks ago on a successful note. Last year they struggled to win even one game and this year started a little shaky, but the score board was much closer than last year on each game. Her coach (our good friend Deb) decided to dangle a carrot in front of them (or more like a worm). She promised to eat a worm for every goal scored. It worked, they won the next game 3-0, tied one of the top teams 1-1, and then won their last game 3-1 (I think that was the score). Well Deb never dreamt it'd mean that many worms!!! But, boy were the girls psyched to end on a winning note! Next year it means pre-season as Sage will be starting high school, yikes!
2 comments:
I would have loved to see Deb eat those worms. You need to video a game for me so I can watch Sage play. Keep posting so I can keep reading and seeing pictures!!!!
Can you imagine eating even eating one worm, yuck!!! But Deb did and what a great coach she is, especially at the junior high age. I don't know how she keeps them motivated and interested in the sport when most of them are more interested in their cell phones!
Post a Comment